At The Florida Probate & Family Law Firm, we understand being the first female in your family to attend college is an extraordinary accomplishment. Coming this far for yourself and your family is something to be proud of and motivates you to pursue your dreams further. The scholarship winner will be awarded $1,000. This scholarship is intended to assist with college education costs and support those striving to achieve their dreams.
Describe how this experience has shaped your goals and aspirations and how you plan to use your education to impact your family, your community, and beyond in a positive way. Additionally, discuss any challenges you have faced as a trailblazer within your family and how you have overcome them. Finally, reflect on encouraging and supporting other first-generation female college students.
- Must be enrolled or planning to attend an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States.
- Students applying for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be in good academic standing.
- A well-written essay of 750 to 1,000 words discussing the experience of being the first female in your family to attend college and how that shapes your goals, aspirations, and future.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their professional and academic experience.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school and the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
- Preference will be given to students either from or attending secondary school in the state.
The recipient of the Pioneering Women Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this $1,000 scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to CoralGablesMktg@flpfl.com by January 31, 2024. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “[Student Name] – The Florida Probate & Family Law Firm – Pioneering Women Scholarship Application.”
Please send any questions to CoralGablesMktg@flpfl.com as well.